Wednesday, January 20, 2010

boys don't make passes at girls who collect glasses

Well I guess one boy does, but I hooked him long before this recent obsession really took shape. I'm from a family of four eyes, my collection contains 14 pairs: 3 from my younger days and 11 from different family members. A couple of precious pairs are over a century old.
A few weeks ago, my adorable but occasionally terrible terrier, Maybee, used my specs as a chew toy. The whole experience of getting new ones got me thinking. Not only do glasses literally shape your visual reality, they make a big statement about the kind of person you are, and when lenses and frames combine, your pair becomes as unique to you as a finger print. I've been playing around with these images and have plans for this collection, well.. plans to make plans anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment