Wednesday, March 3, 2010

in retrospect *

Today, I installed my new piece, "Facet Fasten" at Momentum (an annual juried exhibition for Oklahoma artists under 30) (pic). I couldn't, however, help thinking back on an old piece-"Need Think. Make." My friend Margaret and I worked tirelessly on this installation for probably six months and it received the curator's choice award at last year's show. Making that piece was such a great experience and something I'm pretty proud of. (you can see more pics by Sarah Warmker here)
I am so looking forward to this weekend. Momentum openings are such a blast, and I'll have the pleasure of being visited by two of my favorite gal pals. Can't wait to see you guys!

3 comments:

  1. you forgot to mention the tireless help you guys had from two special dudes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm one of the favorite gal pals! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't forgotten, Dane. Nor did I forget my favorite quote I've ever heard you say to Jordy: "Your art was the prettiest art of all the art". So sweet just like you two. Good luck this year Jordy, your work is beautiful as usual.

    ReplyDelete