Wednesday, March 31, 2010

up and coming- Stephanie Liner *

Through my job, I often have the opportunity to meet amazing visiting artists from all over. Last week, I had a wonderful time getting to know the lovely and talented Stephanie Liner.
Stephanie lives and works in New York City, but grew up in North Carolina with connections to the furniture and textile industry. Her work explores sexuality and idealized beauty through references to domestic space and fashion. Stephanie's craft quality is absolutely gorgeous and her use of live models adds a somewhat unnerving element to her work. Its pretty easy see why she's gained such notoriety as a young contemporary artist, and great to see such a likable lady find success. I hope our paths might cross again someday and I'd really love to see her work in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment