Friday, May 28, 2010

working girl *

Today at work, someone introduced me to a group of people as an "office lady," and I'm pretty sure I heard a little part of my soul shrivel up and die. I do work in an office and I even like it (most days), but I guess ever since I started the whole 8 to 5 deal I've considered myself an artist with a day job. I wish I had more time and energy for art and craft- to be honest I can't seem to finish anything lately. As my friend Kate so adequately put it, "This whole making money thing is cramping my style."

I know there are a lot of people out there who are right there with me- so what do you do to stay productive and motivated?

3 comments:

  1. someday we'll figure out how to make a living doing what we love to do. until then, we can lament over wine and cookies :)

    did i mention how much i love the stationery designs you had out on the kitchen table? i can't wait to see the finished collection. you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you could get dingus to go and buy you some donuts. or D2. i think you know what i'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visit the blogs of creative people. Tis very inspiring.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete